OneLock was conceived by an wary mum who recognised a way of preventing her kids’ bikes (and her own) being stolen because they forgot their lock. OneLock gives peace-of-mind to bicycle, scooter, snowboard owners (or their mums!) needing to safeguard their equipment during impromptu stops.
By keeping a clear purpose, OneLock was designed for all users - children, older cyclists and those of varying abilities; ensuring it is affordable, easy to use, and fit for purpose:
- Combination lock means no keys are required.
- Simple mechanical operation – no batteries to change or charge - no apps to download. Simply take-off, pull-out and lock.
- High tensile stainless-steel cable is suitably robust to deter opportunistic thieves. But is narrow, flexible and long enough to thread through/around a variety of different equipment and applications e.g. scooter wheels, skateboard axles, snowboard bindings, etc.
- Retractable cable and mechanism hard wearing to deal with everyday bumps and drops, while also compact and lightweight when worn on the head.
- Significant development was required to reduce/position the weight and bulk of the mechanical components to achieve a safe, comfortable and cohesive helmet design within a weight comparable to regular skate-style helmets.