Femom is a clinician-prescribed solution consisting of a wearable monitoring device containing an electrode array that senses electrophysiological signals from the mothers abdomen. The Femom App instantly captures femom device’s signals, other nonphysiological data and acts as a tool to communicate with clinician. Captured bio-signals are analysed in the cloud and interpreted by a clinician only, to prevents misinterpretation of results by mothers and the risk of elevated duress and self-diagnosis.
- Femom is designed to operate in a unique position on the mother’s abdomen, and from single measurement enables extraction of multiple physiological parameters.
- The central aperture within the ‘Spreader’ is used as a placement reference aligning to the naval, allowing the mother to position Femom easily on her abdomen.
- Femom alignment to the naval allows for easy, repeatable, and accurate positioning each session for all users.
- Femom’s modular design allows for easy maintenance and replacement as the different parts of the device are placed under different levels of stress during its lifetime.
- Femom empowers mothers with a real sense of being an active actor of their care journey and offers a greater peace of mind. Femom provides mothers with a convenient way to access care and equips clinicians with high-resolution maternity data to detect early warning signs of maternal/fetal distress before they become emergencies.