Metro Tunnel HQ followed an incredibly detailed and robust design process that took approximately 8-months. Rail Projects Victoria has advised that this robust, client-centric and engaging process has delivered a result that exceeded all aspects of the design brief and provides a robust, future-proofed space that will inform community engagement strategies over the forward periods.
The process included;
* Appointment of We are Best as Lead Consultant (Registered Architect, Experience Design)
* Visitor Experience strategy and vision aligned with the intended complex information delivery requirements
* Base Build Concept Design
* Experience Design + Digital Execution Concept Design
* Identification and appointment of sub-consultants (building services engineering, IT network engineering, inclusivity in design, safety in design, digital content (varied), 3D printing, quantity surveyor, lighting, Rail Projects Victoria internal studio)
* Test, Learn, Iterate Sprints as part of the design process to validate new, unique experience concepts
* Market tender for retail fitout contractor
* Budget management and value engineering
* Traditional fitout process, testing and commissioning and defects process
The finished product is a professionally executed fitout with the highest level of quality finish, together with the latest technology.